Friday, 14 December 2012
.Net: Are you planning to go for it for the enterprise development?
Sophina Dillard 04:12 custom web application development , web application development , web application development company , web application development tools , web development , web site development , website development
If I talk about the internet era, it was highly evolved, when W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) took a role of standards transmission. Because of this, all major software vendors agreed with this new Web Services technology, proposed by W3C committee. Here, Microsoft did as a pioneer in web services technology when they released their .NET architecture. It is reliable, scalable and trustworthy. And it represents a big step towards software interoperability, which makes spot-on software integration finally possible for the developers.
Well in this, it integrates the control of web-based solutions with the distributed application model of traditional multi-tier client-server design. While client-server design has traditionally relied on proprietary technologies to control information flow between the tiers, the current solutions take advantages of this industry-standard communications protocols to connect the power of the Internet. By creating solutions based on a combination of supplied and created services, more powerful and flexible applications can be built in a fraction of the time required using previous development methodologies.
.NET also serves a base for new programming languages that have already been functioned out, e.g. asp.NET, VB.NET, C#, J#. Microsoft .NET architecture spans from Microsoft Enterprise Servers to Smart Mobile Devices, and Web Services technology, powered by SOAP, WSDL and UDDI.
What are the current challenges?
• Time to market: The span of development time for getting an application or website to market may reduce the offering no longer feasible.
• Scaling to the Web: Existing object models and component designs simply do not work over internet protocols. Banished application development that can be redirected and served by any other server is a new concept for many developers.
• Lack of end-to-end development tools: Tool sets available today don't empower organizations with the flexibility necessary to stay ahead of their competitors. In the rapidly changing world of the internet, organizations must exhibit the agility to integrate with new partners, using development tools that solve the challenges of today's heterogeneous computing environments.
Why we need it?
Why to migrate legacy applications to .NET?
• Ease of development
• Xml web services
• Ease of deployment
• Richness of the .NET framework
• Smart client with win form as well as thin client with web form
The .NET Framework is an essential component of the Windows Server platform, with the end-to-end Internet platform built on the Windows operating system gives rapid development and deploying of the customized enterprise applications. These applications include web services and web applications that integrate customers, businesses, and applications. The .NET Framework allows developers for rapid development of web services and web applications with the use of competent features, such as multiple-language support, adherence to public Internet standards, and the use of a loosely coupled, scalable architecture.